- "Incentives and Gaming in a Nonlinear Compensation Scheme: Evidence
from North American Auto Dealership Transaction Data" (with Tsuyoshi Tsuru and Katsuhito Uehara), Evidence-based HRM: a global forum for empirical scholarship, 3(3), 2015.
- "The Impact of Group Diversity on Class Performance?Evidence from College Classrooms" (with Zeynep Hansen, and Jie Pan) Education Economics,23(2), 2015.
- "The Impact of Group Contract and Governance Structure on Performance?Evidence from College Classrooms" (with Zeynep Hansen, Jie Pan, and Shinya Sugawara) Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,30(3), 2014:463-492.
- "Autonomy, Conformity, and Organizational Learning" (with Nobuyuki Hanaki) Administrative Sciences, 3(3) 2013:32-52.
- "Diversity and Productivity in Production Teams" Barton Hamilton, Jackson Nickerson, and Hideo Owan, Advances in the Economic Analysis of Participatory and Labor-Managed Firms, Volume 13, 2012:99-138.
- "Seller-Buyer Ethnic Matches : The Case of Car Transactions at Two North American Auto Dealerships", Hideo Owan, Tsuyoshi Tsuru & Katsuhito Uehara, Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Vol.53, No.2, 2012.
- “Specialization, Multiskilling and Allocation of Decision Rights, Advances in the Economic Analysis of Participatory and Labor-Managed Firms, Vol.12, 2011:3-34.
- "Market Characteristics, Intra-Firm Coordination, and the Choice of Human Resource Management Systems: Theory and Evidence," with Takao Kato, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization,December 2011.
- "Strategic Management of R&D Pipelines with Co-Specialized Investments
and Technology Markets," with T. Chan, J. Nickerson, Management Science, Vol. 53, No. 4, April 2007, pp. 667-682.
- "Promotion, Turnover, Earnings and Firm-Sponsored Training," Journal of Labor Economics, Vol. 22, No. 4 (October 2004).
- "Are Supply and Plant Inspections Complements or Substitutes: A Strategic and Operational Assessment of Inspection Practices in Biotechnology," with Kyle J. Mayer, Jack A. Nickerson, Management Science Vol. 50, No. 8 (August 2004): 1064-81.
- "Team Incentives and Worker Heterogeneity: An Empirical Analysis of the Impact of Teams on Productivity and Participation," with Barton H. Hamilton and Jack A. Nickerson, Journal of Political Economy, Issue 111, 3 (2003): 465-497.
≪Refereed Journals in Japanese≫
- 「店長は重要か？ —大手自動車販売会社の人事・製品取引データによる計量的事例研究」上原克仁、高橋新吾、都留康と共著、Vol, 63, No. 3, 2013:
- 「主観的業績評価の理論と現実―大手自動車販売会社の人事・製品取引データと社員意識調査結果との接合データによる検証」，高橋 新吾・都留 康・上原 克仁，経済研究62(4)，pp.289-300, 2011.
- 「非線形報酬制度のインセンティブ効果とエスニシティの影響―北米自動車販売会社の取引データに基づく実証分析」 （都留康、上原克之氏と共著), 経済研究 60(1), January, 2009.
- “How do Inventors Respond to Financial Incentives? - Evidence from the Regression Discontinuity Design Approach” with Koichiro Onishi and Sadao Nagaoka, October 2016.
- “Does Employee Stock Ownership Work? Evidence from publicly-traded firms in Japan” with Takao Kato and Hideaki Miyajima, RIETI Discussion Paper 16-E-073, June 2016.
- “Working Hours, Promotion and the Gender Gaps in the Workplace” with Takao Kato and Hiromasa Ogawa. RIETI Discussion Paper 16-E-060, March 2016.
- “Biases in Subjective Performance Evaluation” (with Daiji Kawaguchi and Kazuteru Takahashi). RIETI Discussion Paper 16-E-059, March 2016.
- “Monetary Incentives for Corporate Inventors: Intrinsic Motivation,
Project Selection and Inventive Performance” (with Koichiro Onishi and
Sadao Nagaoka), RIETI Discussion Paper 15-E-071. March 2015.
- “Multi-tasking Incentives and Biases in Subjective Performance Evaluation,” (with Shingo Takahashi, Tsuyoshi Tsuru, and Katsuhito Uehara), February, 2015.
- “Finding Good Managers: An econometric case study of a large Japanese Auto Dealership,” with Shingo Takahashi, Tsuyoshi Tsuru, and Katsuhito Uehara, June 2014
- “Author ordering in scientific research: evidence from the U.S. and Japan”, (with Sadao Nagaoka), April 2014.
- “Dynamics of the Gender Gap in the Workplace: An Econometric Case Study of a Large Japanese Firm,” with Takao Kato and Daiji Kawaguchi, Discussion Paper 13-E-038, May
- “Cohort Size Effects on Promotion and Pay: Evidence from Personnel Data,” (with Shota Araki, Takao Kato, Daiji Kawaguchi), RIETI Discussion Paper 13-E-029, April 2013.
- "Integrating High-Powered Performance Pay into a Seniority Wage System," with Tsuyoshi Tsuru,October 2010.
- "Incentive Pay or Windfalls: Remuneration for Employee Inventions in Japan," with Koichiro Onishi, RIETI Discussion Paper 10-E-049, October 2010.
- "From Sequential to Integrated R&D Process: Estimating the Impact
of a Process Change in Automotive ECU Development on Flexibility and Product
Quality", with Yuji Mizukami, August 2010.
- "Transaction Costs and Technical Resources: Product-level Determinants of Vertical Integration in the Semiconductor Industry", with Komatsu Takehiko, May 2010.
- "Price Discrimination and Social Network: Evidence from North American Auto Dealership Transaction Data," with Tsuyoshi Tsuru and Katsuhito Uehara, March 2010.
- "Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation for Inventors," with Sadao Nagaoka, May 2008.
- "R&D Activity, Patent and the Value of Invention in the Core vs.
New Business: Evidence from New Japanese Inventor Survey," with Sadao
Nagaoka, April 2008.
- "Formation, Competition, and Ownership of Internet Intermediaries," January 2004.[e-mail to request working paper]
- "A Theory of B2B Exchange Formation," with J. Nickerson, June 2002. [e-mail to request working paper]